Time is limited on this task, so you need to be swift!
- Set up a new Word doc in landscape layout, not the default portrait, along the lines of the example I've embedded below.
- Pick one of the commercial examples provided (Spice Girls, Britney, Ignacio, + a dummy from a digipak designer/manufacturer). Comprehensively note the features of this. Once done, share notes among the three so that you've already got 3 examples. If you can add notes on at least two more general examples, that will enable you to summarize the main codes + conventions. You must look at the small details (logos, text incl. copyright blurbs, etc) too..
- Now look at the past examples provided + note any good ideas you see.
- Now explore the MusiVidz blog for past posts related to digipaks and see what further info you can find, for example on examples of digipak packages.
- Reflect your learning so far in a post titled DIGIPAK initial research, starting it with the digipak task as described by the exam board (in bold + diff colour + applying quote tool), with the 3-part basic markscheme [UofT, UofE, EAA] + more detailed assessment criteria below this.
TIP: USE MY POST FROM THE TOP LINKS LIST TO FIND PREVIOUS POSTS ON DIGIPAKS, INCLUDING SOME WITH LINKS TO JPGs OF DIGIPAK EXAMPLES (also try past blogs for such jpgs)