So, its time to get thinking about new company names and new logos. I'll leave it up to you whether these are animated/film idents or an image - either would be appropriate (though you do need to be able to use a still image as a logo, so if you're doing a moving image ident, bear this in mind). You can re-use last year's if you wish and it seems appropriate.
There are several types of company you are effectively acting as:
- record label: only really appropriate if you're working on older material, so can argue this would be a subsidiary or offshoot set up to handle the re-release (but still also reference the actual label/rights holder, eg Blah Records, a subsidiary of Sony Music)
- music video production company: some of these will deal with the full promotional package, but its just as likely that the print and video sides would be handled by different companies; do some research into music video production companies to reference here
- digipak design + ad design:again, these could be separate companies or combined within house - what you do with this will be down to a combination of research (finding examples of real-life companies who do this and seeing how specialist or broad their offering is) and group size (do you each want to create your own company?)
TARGETS: By Thursday of next week have...
- thought up name/s for any company/ies
- have still images for each
- have filmed moving image where appropriate (this might be in draft/rough cut for now)
- have researched real companies who tackle each stage of the process you're now engaged in
- have reflected this in your blogs