you can find more on the Evaluation overall in this hub post.
HOW DID YOU INTEGRATE TECHNOLOGIES - SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND ONLINE - IN THIS PROJECT?
***You MUST analyse your technology use in the Evaluation, including this question, in your answer!!!***
****You also MUST consider how you INTEGRATED technologies - combined and used these for multiple purposes (eg editing and YouTube for R+P and Evaluation, not just for the final music video/digipak/website)****
Consider how YOUR DESIGN/PRODUCTION COMPANY might benefit from or be penalised by digitisation - apply your exam-centred work, all that instiutional knowledge on how the highly converged, digitally disrupted music industry works...Two posts closely linked to the DISTRIBUTION question/issue are also useful for this: a very detailed list of digitisation/industry issues; and a more specific consideration of distribution.
- List all the technologies you've used, whether for R+P, Production or the Eval itself (including this Q)
- Make notes on HOW/WHERE/WHY you used each (examples but also basic analysis and some evaluation - maybe you switched technologies along the way? found some great/awful...)
- Either look for themes grouping multiple techs together (eg Macs; cameras/cinematography; research - each touch on multiple techs) OR just tackle each tech in turn
A web 2.0 theorist uses your work as a case study of convergence (the narrowing divides between media industries and formats, but also the increasing accessibility/affordability of pro-level equipment)
WIDER THEMES + EXAM LINKS (general):
Use your institutional research (all the blogging on industry practices) to show you can appreciate how your work reflects the central concept of convergence, and the role of digitisation in the music industry and marketing. Did tech help with group collaboration, cast comms, pre-production; audience research and feedback; conventions research; reading; presenting/sharing research; did 'old media' play any role. Do YOU think it would make a difference if you'd had to use analogue technology like VHS cameras?
WIDER THEMES + EXAM LINKS - WEB 2.0:
Use your exam pack to specifically engage with the web 2.0 theories and arguments.
some TECHNOLOGIES YOU'VE probably USED
- possibly camcorders
- other for audio
- greenscreen/chroma keying
- SD cards
- screen recording (QT?)
- VLC for clip recording?
- online retailers
- search engines
- amazon look inside/google books (+ generally, the range of reading resources: try to list as many as possible - you can use post screenshots for things like this)
- gif/giphy etc?
- download TrueType font
- blogs (incl. embedding multiple techs!!! Hyperlinks. Gadgets. Design and settings. Comments. Branding...)
- YouTube (incl. tagging, titles, description, channel branding - you can access channel data! Research; comments; annotations...)
- other social media: Facebook group? FB for feedback, cast comms? twitter etc for marketing?
- Google calendar?
- EVAL TECHS... you must address what you used in the Eval (including this Q!!!)
- See http://mediatechtips.blogspot.lu/search/label/technologies
Conal: This is A2 work on an equivalent question, included here as a great example of a wider range of technology that can be included in a Media production project.
Curtis: dance act Faithless
Good example of the integration and highlighting of the viral element within the promotional package.
Part 2: Qr Code + Viral Video
Part 3: QR code demonstrated
Kate: '00s pop girlband Girls Aloud
A typically thorough response, with additional material in the post too.
An older Girls Aloud example. From the same year...
Rob: prog rockers Muse
Notable for the smart use of YouTube tools...