Therefore your homework for Monday 27th June is simple: following the instructions below, set up a new blog and bring it up to date!
ONCE YOU HAVE WORKED THROUGH THE 10 STEPS BELOW, CHECK YOU'VE SET 'WORD VERIFICATION FOR COMMENTS' TO NO; 'COMMENT MODERATION' TO ALWAYS (YOU NEED TO PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS) [both of these through DESIGN-SETTINGS-COMMENTS]; TIME TO GMT [through DESIGN-SETTINGS-FORMATTING];
You'll know how to do this by now; the key thing is to follow the instructions below precisely as regards the name/URL [if you don't you'll have to restart with another new blog!]:
- Sign in to blogger
- Click on Create New Blog
- For name, type in your A2Vid2012-ForenameInitial [note the hyphen after A2Vid2012]
- You should end up with a URL like this: http://A2Vid2012-DavidB.blogspot.com/ (again, please note the hyphen, and where the capital letters appear)
- For address, type in a brief but relevant URL (remember, this will appear on promotional materials; it must also be appropriate for an IGS student). You might have noticed I try to make my blog addresses easy to remember: 'musividz' instead of, say, 'musicvideoa2mediastudiesatilkleygrammar'!
- The layout tools have changed, so you'll need to ensure you make your blog wide enough to avoid problems with embedded video clips and Scribd docs. In DESIGN---TEMPLATE DESIGNER you can 'ADJUST WIDTHS' [ask if unsure!]
- Once its set up, please email me straight away (so I can be your first follower!); I'll put up a links list for all when everyone has done this so you can look at, and comment on, each others' work, throwing your own ideas and reference points into the mix etc
- Once you've done this you can create a new post and quickly blog on what we've done at this early stage
- If you haven't already, add yourself as a follower of http://musividz.blogspot.com/
- You can start blogging any thoughts/research/useful examples as of now!!! Remember, you're trying to evidence the process that underpinned your eventual productions.
ONCE YOU HAVE WORKED THROUGH THE 10 STEPS ABOVE, CHECK YOU'VE SET 'WORD VERIFICATION FOR COMMENTS' TO NO; 'COMMENT MODERATION' TO ALWAYS (YOU NEED TO PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS) [both of these through DESIGN-SETTINGS-COMMENTS]; TIME TO GMT [through DESIGN-SETTINGS-FORMATTING] (and, yes, i do know I've repeated this!)
What have we considered so far? See the blog post on 1st lesson + your own notes to refresh your memory! What terms/concepts can you think of we've raised so far? Have you already had some initial ideas for a vid/track choice? Your initial list of common codes and conventions? The different factors of FAG: format, audience, genre. The quiz contains a lot of new learning too...