(1) future students
(2) DVD compilation of your work (including some of the practice exercises)
You can film up to 5 mins for this, and I'll edit down to between 30/60seconds. Film in groups, not individually.
I need these before you go on study leave.
When passing over full quality exported files (shot in HD, both AS and A2) name the file as NAME1-NAME2-NAME3-CWK INTRO, eg JESS-GINA-CWK INTRO
What I'd like to you talk about:
- Introduce yourselves, and the work you did (eg, Hi, I'm Gina - and I'm Jess - and we created a new music video for Robbie Williams' single "She's the One"; or Hi, I'm Tom - and I'm Georgia - and we created the opening sequence of a new slasher film titled "Tiny Terror")
- Who was it aimed at? (eg We were aiming our work at an audience aged 15-24)
- Have you entered it for any competitions? For A2: Have any
organisations (fansites, charities, band sites etc) said they'll use
- What were the major influence/s on your work (eg certain directors, films, videos etc)? You could say a little about the role of research in this.
- Did your idea/editing change much from the original pitch/filming/rough cut? You could say something about what factors influenced any changes
- What are you most pleased about with your production?
- If you wish to, you could briefly address aspects you'd like to develop further given more time.
- What can you do now that you couldn't do at the start of the year?
- What have you gained/learned from this production and the process behind it? That may well be aptitude for directing or organising (producing) a shoot/cast (or other roles: SFX/makeup for example) as well as more technical, software/editing-centred learning
- Why would you recommend others take Media Studies in the future? [I'll edit out + use anything on this point separately]
- Anything else you'd like to say
I'd assume such a (by now!) talented bunch as you A2 folk will be heavily involved in producing some whiz-bang materials for your leaving assembly too; you could use this as a means of generating something for that, or just something Media-centred to share with both A2 classes as a memento of two fun-packed, fact-filled years of counter-hegemonic learning!